Home » Sport

U23s manager responds as Lallana sent off in disgrace

06 February, 2018, 14:58 | Author: Sylvester Abbott
  • Adam Lallana was sent off in an Under-23 match after he attacked Tottenham Hotspur teenager George Marsh

Lallana was sent off for being a bully, harassing a young player by grabbing by the throat him from behind and pushing his head down.

Adam Lallana, Danny Ings and Dominic Solanke are all set to feature for Liverpool's U-23 side against Tottenham this evening.

However, Lallana lasted just 63 minutes after being sent off for putting 19-year-old Spurs ace George Marsh in a chokehold.

Lallana's return to the first team wasn't great.

Lallana is 29 years old, a full England worldwide, a former club captain (for Southampton) and a Liverpool first-team fixture.

"I've never seen Adam react like that", said Under 23's manager Neil Critchley. During the match, Lallana and Marsh came together rather hard as they both jumped to challenge for a ball.

Not normally known for his displays of aggression, the conduct displayed by Lallana was really eye-opening and displayed the mind of a frustrated footballer. He has struggled with injury because of which he has not enjoyed playing time under Jurgen Klopp.

However any ban handed down, which is likely to be for three games, will only affect him in the under 23s competition and that will leave him available for the first team should Klopp decide to use him.

The Reds ultimately lost the game 1-0, and were reduced to nine men, when George Johnson also seen red in the 87th minute.

Recommended:



Popular

Spice Girls confirm plans to work together again
She told the Sunday Mirror : "We feel really positive about the Spice Girls legacy right now, because all the fans are women now". Performing at the wedding of the year is one hell of a way to kick-start their reunion.

Dow loses more than 650 points as USA stocks swoon
Market analysts pointed to the clash between the Trump administration and the Federal Bureau of Investigation as another concern. Even after the selloff this week, the S&P 500 is up 3.3% for this year and that is on top of a 19.4-percent gain for 2017.

Janet Yellen disappointed Trump did not propose second term as Fed chair
Under Ms Yellen's stewardship, the U.S. economy has seen its strongest six months of economic activity since 2014. After her last day at the Fed on Friday, she will start a new job Monday at the Brookings Institution .

Westworld Season 2 dropped its first railer during Super Bowl 52
If you recall, the first season when through numerous delays as the production outpaced the writing of the scripts. HBO has shown footage from the show's upcoming season before, but only to a few lucky fans.

Hawaii man says he's devastated about sending missile alert
The man said he heard the words "This is not a drill" in a voice he did not recognize and reacted as he was trained to do. Although the man who pushed the button said he feels bad about what happened, he insisted the incident was not his fault.

Man United boss Mourinho says they were killed by 'ridiculous goal'
To make his night worse, United's bitter rivals City stretched their lead at the summit to 15 points, Mourinho's focus now on cementing the runners-up spot.

Iran arrests 29 women for not wearing hijab in protests
The footage shows Mohaved waving her white hijab defiantly from the end of a pole, her black hair flowing uncovered. Mohaved attracted attention during the demonstrations when a video of her protesting went viral.

Person of interest faces ammo charges for Las Vegas shooting
Haig, 55, of Mesa, Ariz., is a senior engineer for Honeywell Aerospace, an aircraft engines and avionics manufacturer in Phoenix . Haig's name was mistakenly released when a judge in Nevada made the police warrant public without redacting Haig's name.

"Home " World " Going for God: "Vatican invited to attend Olympic opening ceremony
During last year's drills , Pyongyang launched multiple missile tests and held a massive artillery exercise at the end of April . Combined Forces Command in South Korea, along with his predecessor, retired Gen.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at the Endeavour Awards in pictures
Do you like Meghan's latest outfit for the awards bash? "I'm truly privileged to be here", Markle said , according to People . Meghan broke with tradition by not wearing a dress for the royal engagement - and she looked all the more fantastic for it.